Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A return to blogging



Hello again blogging world! Oh how I have missed you. One year has passed since my last post on my previous blog and for months I have been planning on diving back into it but I wanted a fresh start. So here I am. Welcome to (drumroll please)... Daily Dorius! This is my lifestyle blog and I plan to share some wonderful things with you all.

We all just returned from a trip visiting family in Idaho. Myla and I were there for three weeks and John joined us the last few days so we could finally bless Myla. I will share more of those details in a later post. Myla had a difficult time adjusting yesterday. She was very fussy which is unusual for her, so I let her sleep in the swing last night. I don't usually buckle her up since she isn't mobile and can't even sit up yet. But apparently she has grown in the last three weeks because I was awakened in the middle of the night to sudden screaming over the baby monitor. I quickly shook John awake and told him I think Myla fell out of her swing. He jumped out of bed and I quickly followed him. When we got in her room, there she was laying on the floor, crying. I made no hesitation in picking up our baby girl. I held her, kissed her, fed her, and rocked her back to sleep. I held her a little longer and soaked up every moment I could. 

It's moments like these that I am overcome with so much love for her. Out of all the roles I will play in this lifetime, I think "mother" will always be my favorite.

No comments :

Post a Comment