Friday, June 13, 2014

Ladybug release

Yesterday we went to the Myriad Botanical Gardens to release ladybugs into the Crystal Bridge Conservatory. We had so much fun! We were given a cup of about 20 ladybugs and we released them onto the leaves. There were thousands of ladybugs everywhere. Ladybugs are one of the cutest little bugs but I bet you have never had a handful of them crawling on your arm all at once. I still feel like I have bugs crawling on me! 

We have walked around outside of the Crystal Bridge before but we had no idea how cool it is on the inside! It's like a giant green house. 13,000 square feet of plant display. One end is tropical, and the other is desert. There are ponds, fish, birds, butterflies, and even a 35-foot waterfall. Myla loved it too. She gets pretty mesmerized by the outdoors and this was like nothing we've ever seen! 
Myla is in a hair-pulling phase. As you can tell, John was not enjoying it. He loves putting Myla on his shoulders and she seems to enjoy it too. 



I just love my handsome husband. He has been trying out this goatee thing. He looks good but it is not my favorite to kiss!

We pulled off some cotton from the cotton tree and tickled Myla's cheeks with it. This was her reaction.




Missy, Myla, Tana, Hendrix, Brittany, Cameron. These are my mama friends and their babies. 


In another area there was an insect expo going on. There were some seriously creepy crawly bugs there. Plus you could actually pet some of them. I didn't have the guts to pet this giant yellow one but John did and he said it was so smooth. I can't believe anything like this actually exists!

It has been so fun living here in Oklahoma and having so many neat things to go and do. I will definitely miss it.

Positive thinking: My niece and best friend of all time is coming home from her mission tomorrow. Alisa has been serving in Latvia and is returning a few months early due to a diagnosis of epilepsy. I am so grateful that she will be coming home to get properly treated and taken care of. I wish I could be there to greet her at the airport when she comes off of the plane. 

Looking forward to: Father's day is coming up and I have something special planned for John. He is such a great dad to our baby girl and I can't wait to spoil him. 

xoxo, Missy Dorius

No comments :

Post a Comment