Monday, May 19, 2014

Blessing Myla

We blessed Myla last week on Mother's day and I am getting around to editing and sharing the photos with you all! I got brave and actually made her dress and headband. This is the first piece of clothing I have ever attempted and I am so happy with how it turned out! It is ivory lace with little sequins all over. The only problem is that it is not super cozy. Myla's poor little arms had little scratches on them from the sequins. Note taken! Good thing she only had to wear it once.

My grandmother Goldie was a quilter. She made so many blankets in her lifetime. She made all of my siblings these silky soft blankets to give to their first babies when they were born. Before she passed away, she made one for me to give to my firstborn. I have kept it in a pillowcase for over 7 years. Well, I finally got to use it. When I pulled it out of the pillowcase I held the soft material up to my face and I got a good whiff of it. It smelt just like her and so many memories flooded to mind. I hope Myla will love it just as much as she grows older. It is beautiful ivory which is why I made Myla's dress ivory instead of the traditional white.










My family reunion was going on at the time so everyone was there except for my sister Amy. John's parents drove from Spokane, Washington and his sister Dolly came with her kids from Burley, Idaho. It was so good to be surrounded by so many loved ones. Plus John did such a great job at her blessing! I was definitely one nervous mom sitting there, just hoping Myla wouldn't cry during the blessing. From now on we will be sure to bless the rest of our babies when they're so sleepy. 

xoxo, Missy Dorius

No comments :

Post a Comment