Saturday, June 21, 2014

Turner falls adventure

I can't believe it has already been a whole week since my last post! I guess I have been a bit of a slacker this week so I will catch you up. We didn't do much on Father's Day. John worked and came home to a delicious steak dinner provided by yours truly. The steak was delicious. I have been craving it every night since! 

Tuesdays are John's Fridays so we celebrated that night by going to see The Fault in Our Stars. This is more of a celebration for me and John just came along to keep me company. The first time we brought Myla to a movie with us she did so awesome. Slept through the whole thing. Unfortunately this time was much different. Once she started getting fussy, John brought her outside to get her to calm back down and go to sleep. I was totally unaware of this but apparently she cried through the whole thing. I just figured John got her back to sleep and took her out to the car so he could sleep as well. Nope. He was a sweetheart and let me enjoy the whole movie while he took care of a fussy baby. It was SO good! I am a big sucker for those sappy love movies. 

We slept in on Wednesday since Myla was up late and it was so nice. Later that evening we went to a place called Dave and Buster's to celebrate a friend's birthday! It's pretty much like an adult Chuck E. Cheese's with tons of arcade games. Luckily everybody there wanted to hold Myla and never let go so John and I got to enjoy some adult time... Who are we kidding? We were playing pac-man! Everybody loved Myla and she knew it too. She went to sleep like an angel when we got home. While she was sleeping, John and I decided to shave his head. Bold I know. Truth is I have always wondered what John would look like bald so we gave it a try. And yes, I think he is just as handsome as ever! 

The next morning we woke up early to get ready for our first official family camp out! This trip is John's Father's Day/Birthday gift. We drove an hour and a half to Chickasaw National Recreation Area to have some fun.
This is Turner Falls. These slides were pretty awesome. They don't look that intense but that's because you can't see the drop off in the picture! I had to build up some courage before throwing my whole body into that cold water but after watching the little kids do it I figured I had no choice. The water actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It definitely beats jumping off bridges into the bitter cold waters of Rexburg, Idaho!
And here is the big unveiling of John's new hair-do. Or should I say head-do? He looks pretty bad-A if you ask me.
Did I mention it's his birthday TODAY?? He is 25 years young. That's a quarter of a century! He is such a great husband and father. I am lucky to call him mine.
Myla wasn't sure about the cold water.
I just can't get over those little legs of hers.
Just relaxing in her boat. We got this thing for like $5 and I think it's so awesome.
Takin' a selfie in John's hat.
After playing in the water we went for a hike and found this cool cave. For those of you who don't know, I am married to an adventure junkie. John loves all things outdoors and I love that about him. He would rather be hiking, climbing, biking, snowboarding, or surfing than play video games or sit and watch sports. 
This is Myla right before she fell asleep. You can just see the tired taking over in her droopy eyes.
Family selfie!
Yes there actually is beauty in Oklahoma! Who knew? 

When we got all settled into our tent after roasting hotdogs, we weren't sure how we were going to get Myla to sleep. It was boiling in our tent and there were bugs flying around like crazy outside so we took her to the car for a drive until she passed out. Usually she falls asleep after a few minutes but not this time. She was full of screams. After she finally fell asleep we went back to the tent and of course she woke up within a few minutes. John and I looked at each other and I knew exactly what was going through his mind. "How were we going to get through the night?" It didn't take much longer for us to come to the conclusion of ending our adventure sooner than planned. We took down camp and packed everything up in less than 30 minutes and we were out of there. In the end it was probably a good thing we came home because it poured rain the whole drive back.

John and I are learning that everything we do takes 10x the planning, preparation, and patience now than before we had Myla. It's just the truth! We love that little girly to pieces but we both have had to learn to adjust.

Positive thinking: When I woke up yesterday afternoon (12:30pm to be exact), I fixed myself a poptart, went to pour myself a glass of milk, and in the fridge was a beautiful red rose. John is so thoughtful. After a failed campout and a rainy drive home, he woke up thinking of what he could do for me. I am so in love.

Looking forward to: My brother Steven and his wife Melissa have a shop on Etsy selling these adorable vintage step stools and we are teaming up to do a giveaway soon! I am so excited for it. Seriously though, how cute are <these?>

xoxo, Missy Dorius

4 comments :

  1. Okay John looks super BA with a shaved head. Also, I keep trying to follow you on GFC but every time it says error and won't let me :(
    xo
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, scratch that I just realized I wasn't signed in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALSO, your blog design is amazing it's making me want to give mine a makeover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lauren you are the sweetest and much love to you for following! I wanted to stay simple so I don't get tired of looking at it haha.

      Delete