Thursday, February 26, 2015

Gender reveal


Today we went to the doctor to find out some very exciting news! Our twenty week ultrasound went great. Baby is wiggly, healthy, and is in the 48th percentile which is a perfect average. I have only gained 3 pounds but as long as the baby is growing, I am not complaining. We even got to see a 3-D peak at our baby's tiny face. Little fetus was not interested in moving his/her arm out of the way, but we were able to see a cute little button nose. 

When we went in for Myla's 20 week ultrasound, we were getting ready to move to Oklahoma so we had a big farewell/gender reveal party. It was so fun opening up a big box to find a bunch of pink balloons. We knew we wanted to do something to make this second one just as special. We had the ultrasound tech put a pair of either girl jammies or boy jammies (depending on the gender), into a cute little gift bag. John, Myla, and I opened up our little surprise while we were out to lunch. I am not going to lie, I was very surprised! My instinct was wrong but I am still so excited. We decided to celebrate with some delicious cotton candy!
Pink cotton candy?... That's right, another baby girl will be joining our family in July!
Myla was convinced that the fluffy cotton candy was a pillow so of course she gave it a good snuggle.

No matter how much we tried, Myla was not at all interested in putting that weird texture into her mouth. I guess as her mother I shouldn't be concerned that my daughter doesn't want to eat pure sugar.

This is one of Myla's new faces and I think it is the funniest thing to see! So glad we got a picture of it.
Can you tell Myla's excited? Haha thanks for showing interest in our growing family and checking out my little blog. 

xoxo, Missy Dorius

No comments :

Post a Comment