Thursday, May 29, 2014

POPS

Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning I go to a fun little Zumba class and yesterday I came home to a little surprise on our door. John left me a little note.
"Warning!!! This place has been under attack! Through all the mess, I must confess, it won't be easy to find rest through this test. You must find the heart that will give you the clue on what to do! Good luck weary traveler, and may the power of love fuel your next hour on this journey to find out your plans for tonight!"
The apartment was covered in little hearts. There were hearts in drawers, sinks, and even the toilet seat (gross I know). I looked for a while and then got discouraged so John played the hot, cold game with me. He brought me right to him! Myla was asleep in his arms. I carefully undid her onesie and there was a little heart sticker on her tummy with a question on it. "Mommy will you go to POPS with us?" How could I turn her down?? My friend Tana just recommended this place to us and John knows how much I love going out to eat, so I showered, packed up the diaper bag, and we were on our way! 

POPS is a futuristic looking little diner/restaurant along Route 66. They serve burgers, sandwiches, salads, etc., but they are known for carrying hundreds of soda pop flavors. John was such a good sport, he doesn't even like sodas, plus he wasn't feeling too great.
We both got burgers and they were pretty good, but let me tell you about these sodas! We filled our six pack with some pretty crazy flavors. Grand Teton grape was pretty tasty. To be honest we just picked it out because of our Northwest pride. Then there's bacon soda. Wow, it tasted exactly like bacon and that is not a good thing. We love, love, LOVE bacon, but we are not so crazy about drinking it. John picked out a blue raspberry soda as a more normal, yet still new to us flavor and that was really yummy. It reminded me of blue raspberry shaved ice. Yum. Chocolate soda? Hmmm as yummy as chocolate is, it was still pretty weird in soda form. Not too bad though. Next was banana! You know how there's the banana flavor and then the taste of an actual banana? Well I expected this to taste like the flavor (laffy taffys, snow cone syrup, etc.) but it tasted like an actual banana! And for those of you who know me, I do not like bananas, so this was interesting. I picked out the butterscotch root beer for something tasty. Unfortunately it was diet and I didn't realize it until I started drinking it. Who likes diet right?... Well it was still delicious but I know I would have liked it more if it wasn't diet.
They have a giant soda pop bottle out front so of course we had to take pictures with it. This was actually Myla's first real experience out in the sun. I wasn't planning on it though or else I would have brought her little hat and some sunscreen. Unfortunately I think she has my delicate skin. Just look at how white she is! 
I am so grateful to have such a wonderful, loving husband. John is the best. Seriously ladies, you should all be jealous! Plus isn't he just so good looking?

Positive thinking: My friend Tana is such a great influence on me! I seriously love her. She is doing a positive thinking challenge right now and it inspired me to do my own little positive thinking. From this point on, whenever I post I am going to write something positive. So here goes! When we first moved to Oklahoma, I was a little anxious to get out, but now I am so grateful for this experience we are having. I wouldn't change it for anything. We have made some good friends and good memories. Although we are excited to move to Washington in September, I will definitely miss this place. Thank you to all of those who have made living here so enjoyable!

Looking forward to: I bought some fabric and materials to make a bumper pad for Myla's crib. She moves a lot in her sleep and sometimes gets her feet caught between the bars so it is time. I cannot wait to get it all started and finished so we can all sleep a little more soundly at night.

xoxo, Missy Dorius

No comments :

Post a Comment