Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pool time

Yesterday we went over to the William's apartment to have a little pool party! We have a pool at our apartment complex but the Williams have a little kiddie pool area at theirs which is what we wanted. Myla wasn't quite sure about the water at first but I think she really enjoyed it once she got used to it. John and I definitely enjoyed watching her first pool experience (even though she had a blank face through it all). Plus I finally got to put her in her little swimsuit and matching hat!
Of course I forgot to bring my camera so you will have to settle with iphone quality pics (which actually aren't too terrible).
Yes my swimsuit color matches Myla's. Yes I am that kind of mom.
Myla with the William's baby Hendrix. They are dating. Myla is two days older but Hendrix definitely beats her in size. He is super chunky and we love it!


Tana brought out their little floater. Hendrix tried it first and loved it so of course we had to put Myla in it! Well she didn't cry haha. 

Once we put Myla to sleep then we played in the big kid pool. It was so fun to play with John. It was like we were dating again. I fall in love more and more with John every day and I am so lucky to have him in my life. He is a wonderful husband and the greatest father. He absolutely adores Myla and it makes my heart melt to see that.

Afterwards we ordered pizza, pigged out on ice cream floats, and watched Tana and Levi's wedding video! It was like a classic 90s film. My favorite part is when Tana is holding a mini Levi in her hands and looking down at him. It was awesome!

We feel so blessed to have made such awesome friends here in Oklahoma. We are trying to convince Tana and Levi to pack up and move to Washington with us. Why not right?

Positive thinking: I sunburn SO easily, but I am thinking that I might be cut some slack here in Oklahoma. It is extremely humid and the sun is so much further away than the Idaho sun. I will cross my fingers and let you know.

Looking forward to: My friend Lauren over at Fashion Love and Lauren is due with her baby girl in 15 days and I am so excited for her! Lauren and I were roommates in college and we just clicked. Our husbands clicked also (at least that's what we like to think). They live in Seattle and her husband Josh will be starting up dental school in the fall. Spokane is just 4 hours away from them so it will be so great to visit. 

xoxo, Missy Dorius

2 comments :

  1. Reading this and seeing me in your blog post just made my day haha! I can't wait to see you guys and have you so much closer! Also, those are some super good quality iPhone pictures, my Galaxy takes horrible pictures, I think I might need to convert.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait! I know I am always so shocked at how well some of the pictures turn out. Love my iPhone.
      <3

      Delete